January 7, 2020 Board Meeting Agenda
A regular meeting of the Board of Voter Registration & Elections of Pickens County will be held Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 4:30pm in the Board Room inside the Pickens County Administration Facility (222 McDaniel Ave Pickens, SC 29671).
I. Welcome and Call to Order by Chairperson Kathleen Hane
III. Approval of Minutes:
a. September 3, 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
b. October 14, 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
c. November 7, 2019 Board of Canvassers Minutes
d. November 21, 2019 Board of Canvassers Minutes
IV. Public Comment Period
This is an opportunity for citizens to come before the Board with various issues. Citizens who wish to speak during the public comment period do not have to register or signup in advance. Each person is limited to 5-minutes of speaking time. Maximum total public comment time is 20 minutes.
V. Motion period for old and new business:
a. Old Business
1. Update on Department equipment and storage space.
b. New Business
1. CY 2020 Board Meeting Schedule
2. Consider permanently moving the 138 Brush Creek Precinct and the 158 Pope Field Precinct from the Brushy Creek Baptist Church (100 Clay St Easley SC 29642) to the City of Easley’s Larry D. Bagwell Gymnasium (111 Walkers Way, Easley, SC 29642) for all elections beginning March 1, 2020.
3. Consider temporary voting location for the 142 Crestview Precinct. We were notified on January 2, 2020 that we cannot use Saint Michaels Episcopal Church for the February 29, 2020 Presidential Preference Primary.
4. Preparation for the Democratic Presidential Preference Primary
5. FY 2021 Department Budget Request
6. Consider the request from Pickens County Democratic Party Chair Richard Byrd for Board staff to demonstrate the new voting machines during their next monthly meeting on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
VI. Executive Session: (Personnel 30-4-70 (a) (1)) – Annual Performance Evaluation of the Director
VII. Action As Needed Via Executive Session Item
You may download a printable agenda at the following link:
***** This agenda is not inclusive to everything the board may discuss. *****
Meeting notices are subject to change up until 24 hours prior to meeting.