A runoff election shall be held for the office of City Council at Large between Lavant Padgett and Brian Petersen in the City of Liberty on Tuesday, November 22, 2011. Only registered voters who were qualified to vote in the November 8, 2011 Liberty Municipal Election are eligible to vote in this runoff. Voters are not allowed to write-in candidates in a runoff election.
Election Certification and Provisional Ballot Hearing for the runoff election shall be held at 3:00PM on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 in the Office of the Pickens County Registration and Elections Commission (222 McDaniel Ave b-9 Pickens, SC 29671).
Sample Ballot – A sample ballot is available here.
Absentee Voting – The Pickens County Registration & Elections Commission wants to inform the registered voters inside the city limits of Liberty about important procedures and deadlines associated with absentee voting. Voters who meet one of the qualifying reasons listed below may cast an absentee ballot in person or by mail:
Voting Absentee In Person – Visit the Office of the Pickens County Registration & Elections Commission (222 McDaniel Ave B-9 Pickens, SC 29671), complete an application, and cast your ballot on one of our voting machines. The voter will be required to show either his/her Pickens County voter registration card, SC drivers license, or SC DMV issued ID card. Our office is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may vote absentee in person up until 5:00 pm, Monday, November 21, 2011.
Voting Absentee By Mail –
Step 1: Contact the office of the Pickens County Registration & Elections Commission to request an absentee ballot application. You may make the request in person or by phone, mail, email, or fax. You may also make the request on our website at http://pickenselections.org/absentee-application-request/
Step 2: You will be sent an application. The application can be mailed, emailed, or faxed to you.
Step 3: Complete the application and return it to the Office of the Pickens County Registration & Elections Commission (222 McDaniel Ave B-9 Pickens, SC 29671) by 5:00 p.m., Friday, November 18th. You may return the application in person or by mail, email, or fax.
Step 4: You will be mailed an absentee ballot.
Step 5: Vote the ballot following ballot instructions and return it to the Office of the Pickens County Registration & Elections Commission (222 McDaniel Ave B-9 Pickens, SC 29671) by 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 22, 2011. You may return the ballot in person or by mail.
Persons qualified to vote by absentee ballot:
- Persons who will be outside their county of residence on Election Day
- Members of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine, and their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Persons who, for reasons of employment, will not be able to vote on election day
- Physically disabled persons
- Persons sixty-five years of age or older
- Persons serving as a juror in state or federal court on Election Day
- Persons admitted to the hospital as emergency patients on day of election or within a four-day period before the election
- Persons with a death or funeral in the family within three days before the election
- Persons confined to a jail or pre-trial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial
- Persons attending sick or physically disabled persons
- Certified poll watchers, poll managers, and county election officials working on Election Day
Find more information on absentee voting, request an application for an absentee ballot, and much more on our website: http://pickenselections.org/.
Our absentee web page is here: http://pickenselections.org/absentee-voting/