Watershed District Directors are non-salaried officials who are elected to four-year terms. Candidates must be registered voters in the county & and watershed in which they are seeking office. For a description of the duties and responsibilites of the Watershed District Directors, please contact the Pickens Soil & Water Conservation District at 864-878-6155 or the SC Department of Natural Resources 803-734-9100.
These elections are non-partisan and no party affiliation shall be placed on the ballot. The elections are conducted by the Pickens County Registration & Elections Commission at the same time other county and state officers are elected in the 2010 General Election.
Candidate filing opens at Noon on August 2nd and closes at Noon on August 16th. Citizens interested in being candidates must file proper forms including Statement of Intention of Candidacy. There is no filing fee for this office.
The following files with the Pickens County Registration & Elections Commission (222 McDaniel AVE B-9 Pickens, SC 29671 Phone: 864-898-5948 Fax: 864-898-5637):
- Georges Creek Watershed (Code 15) – 2 Seats
- Oolenoy Watershed (Code 24) – 3 Seats
The following files with the SC State Election Commission (2221 Devine ST Suite 105 Columbia, SC 29205 Phone: 803-734-9060 Fax: 803-734-9366):
- Brushy Creek Watershed (Code 07) – 4 Seats
- Three & Twenty Watershed (Code 32) – 2 Seats
New this year – Candidates are required to complete ethics forms. A state law passed this year now requires these forms to be completed online. Both of the forms below must be electronically filed here: https://ssl.sc.gov/EthicsRegistration/Login/Login.aspx
- The Statement of Economic Interests (SEI) is for the candidate to complete at the time of filing or already have completed. Candidates must file electronically, print, and submit their “filing confirmation page” with their Statement of Intention of Candidacy. The State Ethics Act requires that candidates electronically file this form at the time of becoming a candidate and provide evidence of such filing with the official responsible for the election. If a candidate fails to electronically file the form at the time of filing as a candidate, his name shall not appear on the ballot. If through error or omission, a candidate’s name appears on the election ballot, the candidate shall not be certified subsequent to the election.
- The Campaign Disclosure Form. It is the responsibility of the candidate to electronically file this form, initially, within ten days after receiving or expending their first $500, to include their own money (please note an initial report is not required after every $500 spent or received). Thereafter, quarterly reports are due within ten days following the end of each calendar quarter before and after each election, until a final report with a zero balance is filed, whether contributions have been received or expenditures made. All candidates must electronically file a Pre-election report fifteen days before each election showing contribution and expenditure activity current as of 20 days before the election. This report is electronically filed even if no funds are received and no expenditures made. A Final Report is electronically filed when the campaign account is closed (i.e., no funds are in the account and no money is due or owed). NOTE: If a pre-election report is required to be filed within thirty days of the end of the prior calendar quarter, the quarterly report and pre-election report must be combined and filed to meet the pre-election report deadline.
The table below contains the names and contact information of the candidates who have filed so far with our office. This table will be updated as candidates file with us during the filing period:
|Georges Creek Watershed |
Two (2) Seats to Fill
Three (3) Seats to Fill
166 LAKE FOREST CIR
EASLEY, SC 29642
|No candidates have
filed for this office.
Notice: Brushy Creek and Three and Twenty candidate filing is not listed on the table because they file with the State Election Commission, not our office.